Dear Mr. Music Producer,
I know you are a creative and very busy person and may not be interested in legal jargons, but I’m sure you are interested in making some more money.
Stated below are some reasons why the artistes you give your beats to are ripping you off.
1. You are not taking steps to ensure you get your share from ring tones and caller tunes when you could.
2. You are not taking steps to ensure you benefit maximally from international collaborations on songs which use your beats when you could.
3. You are busy trying to transform yourself into an artiste/singer/rapper when you just don’t have what it takes.
4. You are not taking steps to maximize yield on each of your beats through multiple uses when you could.
5. You are not taking steps to ensure you get your fair share from well sponsored
public performance of songs using your beats when you could.
6. You are not taking steps to ensure you get your fair share from any advertising and endorsement related use of songs performed on your beats when you could.
7. You are not taking steps to ensure you make money from local and international music royalties when you could.
8. You are not taking steps to ensure you make money from local and international music publishing when you could.
9. You are not taking steps to organize yourself in a group to learn and insist on
10. You are not taking steps to organize your business within the legal framework which positions you to fully get what the law says is your own.
Now that you are fully aware of 10 (ten) different reasons why you’ve not been making the kind of money that you should be making you should also be aware that unless you have or develop the required boldness to insist on your legal rights and organize your business within the required legal framework nothing will change!
@OgaLawya is a resource platform for providing free information and answers to questions on law, which relates to media and entertainment.